CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, Aug. 1 (PIA) - The Office of Senator Bong Go has extended assistance to the 230 families affected by the recent house demolition at Sitios Buloc-buloc and Suntingon in Barangay Bugo this city.
A final and an executory demolition order was implemented last July 24 against the residents of Sitios Buloc-buloc and Suntingon who had been living in the said area for decadesk, leaving them homeless.
With the help of some private individuals and groups, they had contacted the Office of Senator Go and the President for assistance.
"Your plea of assistance had reached the Office of Sen. Bong Go and that we researched and studied with the help of the legal department as to the maximum assistance that we can give," said Mr. Nino Contreras, staff of Senator Go.
Senator Go immediately sent his staff to extend assistance in collaboration with various government agencies such as Department of Health (DOH), Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Presidential Commission on Urban Poor (PCUP), National Housing Authority (NHA) and City Social Welfare and Development (CSWD) - Disaster Section.
The affected families have each received P5,000 cash assistance from DSWD. They also received water containers from the DOH, sleeping kits and food packs from CSWD.
Although the affected familied had sought the help of Senatior God and President Duterte to intervene with the Supreme Court's decision, Contreras told them that the executive branch cannot intervene nor change the court's decision due to separation of powers.
"Sen. Bong Go would like to remind the people to accept the assistance given by the government and, at the same time, to cooperate with the processes such as presenting a valid ID, as the government is here to help those who are in need," he concluded. (JAKA/PIA10)